‘Our Town New York’ tours have many satisfied guests who send us wonderful testimonials! Thank you!
We are here to create a memorable and enjoyable orientation tour for you
to experience the sights, and sounds of the city in first-class comfort
and style! Our guests range from corporate clients to families to honeymooners, from as far away as New Zealand and Australia to as close as New Jersey and Connecticut. Please read what some of our guests have to say about their tour with us.
– Booking was so easy with Christine. Customer service prior to our tour, and after, was wonderful. We booked for our first full day in NYC, and this was simply the best, most amazing day of our trip! Thank you to our guide Brian & Our Town New York!
Angie from USA
– John really listened to ‘who we were’ and customized our visit beyond our expectations. He gave us an amazing tour which we could have never done on our own – he also felt like a family friend throughout as we talked and laughed throughout our tour.
Rebecca from Minnesota
– By far the best city tour I ever had, anywhere in the world. Jerry was our guide, and he is very knowledgable. At the start of the tour he asked us what we had seen already, and what we still wanted to see. He designed the tour on the spot, based on our preferences. We did a 4 hour tour, but a longer tour would have been even better. I cannot recommend this company highly enough.
Trav from Amsterdam, Netherlands
– This company made my first experience to New York the best it could have been. Everyone we came in contact with from this company was more than helpful and even excited to help us. I saw more of New York in a day with Jerry and know there is no way I could have gotten as much out of my trip as I did had I not gone on a tour with him. I can’t wait to go back again and use their services.
Tonya from Texas
– Having a local New Yorker share their city with us proved to be the best & most enjoyable aspect of our trip. Our guide John’s, knowledge & love of his town are infectious.
This was my first trip to New York I wanted to see & experience the outer boroughs of the city. The Our Town New York – Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens, Staten Island tour proved to be the perfect way to access & experience the famous, quirky & interesting sites of these boroughs.
Maree from Australia
– I have toured with Our Town 4 times now, each trip with a different objective – food, sightseeing, girls trip and tour of bakeries! You name it, they can do it! My husband and I are returning in the spring and our trip would be incomplete without a tour with John. It’s truly an experience that you will remember, falling in love with the city a little more each time.
Jen from Texas
– John Rocked It! Thank you for a superb tour. John is so present and knowledgeable and such good company. Many thanks for a great Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island experience.
– Just a quick note to say thanks Jerry, for a most memorable 3 days that you gave my family and I. I have to say that your quality and service are second to none. Your help with Harleys’ guitar purchase was great, he is still going on about it and telling everyone. Your flexible attitude and knowledge really made our visit. We loved the fact that you showed us what we wanted to see and made sure that we saw what you thought we would enjoy, which we did. Please be assured that the next time we visit New York I will be giving your company a call. All the best and I hope that you have a successful new year
Russell, Debbie, Harley & Mason from the UK
– We certainly enjoyed our tour of the city. Jerry was not only very knowledgeable of New York, but he also added a good bit of color commentary that made the day much more enjoyable. He was extremely accommodating tour needs as well. On a scale of 1-10, it would definitely rate a 10!!!!!
Sincerely, Candie from Texas, USA
– Just to thank you, Christine, and John for our superb tour. John was incredibly knowledgeable and full of humour which kept the tour interesting and entertaining for me, my wife and our 3 children. We would have no hesitation recommending your company and John in particular as a guide.
Regards, Anthony from Hong Kong
– Just a quick note to let you know that we were very impressed with John as our tour guide on 12/27 and 12/29. His vast knowledge, lively wit and charming demeanor provided for very informative and fun tours! Once again, thanks.
Jeff from California, USA
– Thanks for the follow up. The tour was perfect for us, especially with a baby. Jerry was a pleasure and we would gladly recommend the service to others. It is something we would gladly do again. I hope you are having a great holiday seasons.
Dan from Georgia, USA
– Just a note to thank John for a fantastic tour last Saturday. It was the highlight of our brief two day visit the Big Apple. With the Airport pick-up it gave us a great start. There was no wasted time queuing to board hop on hop off bus tours which stick to one route. I’m sure we covered more with John in four hours than we could have seen on the bus in two exhausting days. Sharon the children and myself enjoyed every street, avenue, turn and district.
John included everything we asked for and more – even weaving in other sights as the tour unfolded (Our daughter Clare has been very busy printing the photos of herself outside the building were Friends was set.)
The description of John on your website is perfect.
Unfortunately due to experiences during holidays in Mediterranean Countries Sharon and I were very cynical about ‘holiday tours’ During these tours the holiday company rep’s or tour guides bring their clients to shops or restaurants etc where they get a kick- back from the owner. There was none of that with John – the Deli and Chocolate shop, he took us to, were excellent – we were never pressured into doing anything.
His knowledge, wit and what we Irish call the ‘craic’ in the car was excellent. We will have no hesitation recommending your company and services to anyone we know visiting New York. Hope you had a good holiday! Thanks again,
Sean, Sharon, Noel Mark and Clare from Ireland
– I couldn’t wait to get home and e-mail you about our trip. Jerry was awesome!! He took us on the best tour ever and we got to see so much. He made us feel comfortable and welcome from the second we got in the car. The food, the stores, and the history we couldn’t have done it without him. When we come back to New York we will be calling Jerry for his services again! Please tell him how much we appreciated the day and all what he did for us. I wish we would have gotten him in one of our photos, he was such a big part of our trip. I will tell everyone if they want a true New York experience they need to call “Our Town New York”. You all are the best! Thanks Again!
Sherry, Jimmy Dean & Logan from Tennessee, USA
Regards, Andrew from the UK
– I just wanted to send you testimonial for our tour from 20th of August this year. I have also put it on the reviews page of your face book profile. Attached to this mail I am also sending you two photos of the tour which you might want to use on your website. Thank you again for the great experience, the awesome service and the tour.
Best regards from Stuttgart, Germany, Steven
– We booked a 4-hour tour with “Our Town New York” last summer and it was an absolutely awesome way to experience New York City. We have seen so many places we wanted to see and the tour exceeded all our expectations. Jerry was such a great tour guide, showing us all the places, providing all kind of information and letting us know about the lifestyle. We could not just see this amazing city but could get to know what makes people ticking in New York.
The tour was cut out for us. It was the right thing to do especially regarding the fact that we only visited NYC for 2 1/2 days. The tour with “My Kind of Town” left us with a great impression of the city as well as a lot of inspiration what else to do and where else to go. The advices we got from Jerry for the rest of our stay were priceless. We were absolutely satisfied with “Our Town New York” from the first moment on. Thank you so much Jerry.”
Manfred, Gudrun and Steven
– We are back in sunny California. Just wanted to thank you for all your help. Everything was great. The tour was terrific, and so was Jerry. We all had a great time. The drivers you arranged were great and very professional. I will use your company again and recommend you to my friends.
Thanks for all, Pam from California, USA
We have just arrived home after a 30 hour trip this morning. We really enjoyed our tour with Our Town New York, Jerry was wonderful, he catered to our every need and we felt like we saw the real New York and then some. Jerry was able to give us a very informed tour and he was able to make it fun as well, so the Children really enjoyed their day.
Kind regards, Brent, Narelle, Alexandra and Aaron from Australia
– We just returned from our cruise last night and I wanted to contact you immediately to let you know how much we enjoyed our tour with you on May 16th. With only a few hours in New York, you gave us a fabulous whirlwind tour of lower Manhattan, highlighting all the things that we particularly wanted to see. Thank you so much. We loved your humorous commentary. Thanks again for a great tour. We had a ball, just as you promised. Thanks again.
– The tour was wonderful! I think Jerry did a masterful job of satisfying as many needs as possible! He probably felt that we let the kids dictate too many of the stops, but that’s kind of the way we do things on family trips! Dylan’s Candy Bar, the chocolate factory, Patsy’s Pizza, Grand Central Terminal, etc. really delighted them! But we also got much history and architecture thrown in there, too! They got just enough to want to go back and see everything in detail! It was a fabulous tour! I wouldn’t hesitate to call you guys again or recommend you to anyone traveling to NYC. Jerry has an incredible knowledge of the City, and I’m sure we could have hired you guys for the entire week and still not have seen or heard everything! What a great city–made even more exciting by the fabulous tour!
Thank you for your patience and for introducing the Big Apple so well to the M. clan! By the way, being able to have Jerry with us during the stops was a stroke of genius–it worked wonderfully!
Sincerely, Dorothy M.
– Just a quick note to say thank you for a great tour today. We got to see parts of the city we would never get to see on our own. John was a great guide, really informative and great company. Please pass our thanks on to him.
Kind Regards, Steve and Sarah W
Kind regards, Louise
– More than a week later, and my parents still can’t stop talking about their wonderful trip around New York City. They clearly had a fantastic time, probably the best day trip they’ve ever experienced. And they keep telling me how wonderful Jerry was! The city tour and Jerry’s personality were clearly the highlights of their whole vacation. I am truly delighted and want to thank you all very sincerely for the first class service. Hopefully Louise and I will be able to take one of Jerry’s city tours some day!
– I meant to write you sooner but I wanted you to know how much we enjoyed our tour in New York. Jerry did a great job and the car was spotless and the water and notebooks for everyone was a very nice touch. I will be using you again. I also wanted to mention that you did a great job organizing everything and I appreciated that you were always quick to get back with me. Thanks for everything, and next time I am headed to New York I will call.
Kind Regards, Jan M.
Blessings, Mary C.
– Just a short note to say thank you for your kind care and attention to our travel requirements in New York. We wanted to take a trip over to Long Island and you filled our request, helping us to have a very interesting, enjoyable and relaxing day.
Our guide Jerry Petrozelli was very attentive and thoughtful, stopping first at a wonderful bakery so that we could purchase coffee and pastries to set us on our way. Than later finding us a little restaurant for lunch. He was very knowledgeable about all areas of New York and Long Island so gave us a very interesting trip. We will certainly recommend “Our Town New York” to anyone we know who is visiting New York.
Joan and Henry A.
– My family had the please of taking a trip thru the streets of Manhattan with your guide John. My family and I wanted to let you know that John went beyond the call of duty with us. I even felt comfortable calling him after the tour for directions to one of the places that he had recommended. He was pleasant and very knowledgeable. This was my husband’s and Nephew’s first time in New York and they really enjoyed the tour.
– What a great tour! Jerry was a suberb tour guide. My “sometimes hard to please” husband VERY much enjoyed this tour, as did my children. Of course, I also loved the experience. Thanks for all your help in making this a wonderful New York visit for my family and me.
– The inevitable question, “what was the best thing you did in New York?” has only one answer. It is not, “The Lion King,” “Wicked”,…”21″ or shopping the glamour stores. It is, in fact, spending five hours with John Bahr. With no agenda we simply let John show us the town as he would want it to be shown to him. He is a wonderfully engaging personality and a living history book that conveys both the facts (big and little) and a true sense of the city. We were instantly “at home” and felt as if we were spending the day with a friend who just happened to know everything we ever wanted to learn about New York in a time limited drive by. Thanks to John we feel like we “mugged THE CITY”.
The next time we are there we are going to ask you to get John to help us mug some of the outlying attractions. Thanks so much for making our trip a perfect little slice of life.
Gregg and Glenna N.
Once again I would like to thank you for your efficient service and support.
Very Best Regards, Stella
– They tell me that if it were any more memorable that they would still be in NY touring with Jerry. You could have sent them in a Subaru and all they would remember was Jerry. Their best day ever in NY. Thank you,
– Just a note to let you know that John was fantastic, in showing us around New York. We saw a lot (and ate a lot). Our impression of New York has changed considerably. We saw quiet streets (no honking allowed) and safe streets (cops on every corner). Again, John did a great job for us and we will recommend “Our Town New York” enthusiastically.
Sincerely, Ray Harikian
– Please forgive me for the lateness of this “thank you.” But a big THANK YOU is in order to Jerry for making our very brief trip to NYC “perfect.” Because of your kindness and interest when booking and our wonderful tour guide Jerry with his tremendous knowledge of NYC, we got everything in we had always talked about seeing plus more! We even had time to have a pizza at “Patsy’s” in Harlem, and made a quick trip to “Little Italy” for late night desert pick up. Plus we got to see a lot of other wonderful NYC sights, we didn’t think we would be able to fit in! I would never recommend anyone else but “Our Town New York”, I don’t know how many other services we called and they either never returned our phone call or said they would call us back and never did.
I would like everyone to know who might be contemplating about booking a private tour to see NYC that, THIS IS THE ONLY COMPANY YOU SHOULD BOOK WITH! They take wonderful care of you from the time you place your phone call, until the time they drop you off at your hotel. Next time we will be bringing our grandchildren…and you will be the first people we call after getting our hotel reservations…
The Athey’s from Ohio
Thanks again, Dorothy
– Wanted to thank Jerry for the time he spent showing us around Manhattan. We thoroughly enjoyed and would highly recommend your firm and Jerry to others.
Thank you once again, Eileen & Jack
– We had a great time and it was the best I could of asked for. Jerry was the greatest and when we come back we want him again. We saw everything and the history was fantastic. Jerry was perfect. See you again very soon.
Thanks so much Jay Hampton
– We had an absolutely wonderful time with Jerry and would be honored to be in your testimonial page. I would highly recommend your tours for anyone visiting the area. Jerry was great and my daughter still talks about him.
Have a great day! Teresa
– Mark and his group absolutely loved the tour and the guide. They thought the guide was fabulous. Flexible, great at what he does and very informative. The restaurants – both of which were perfect he was really pleased. I must say we would recommend you anytime and will as a matter of fact, we are planning another trip to New York for Mark and another customer the last part of September and as soon as I have the dates I will contact you. Thank you so much for all your help, it is really appreciated. And I will be sure to recommend you.
Warmest regards, Mike and Linda Tumchewics (very satisified customers)
– I wanted to thank you and especially to John for a great time while we were in NYC. I was hesitant that the 6 hour tour would have been too much time, but as it turned out, and John later stated, we only scratched the surface of what New York had to offer. The kids had a great time at the candy store, Dylan’s, one we never would have found on our own, and going to the Conservatory Water/Alice in Wonderland statue in central park. John especially dispelled any Hollywood myths and misconceptions/stereotypes of New York that seem to be attached to it. Showed us great neighborhoods in Harlem to Brooklyn Heights. We’ve already decided that the next time we get back to New York, we want to do it again because it turned out to be well worth it. Thank you again for a wonderful and insightful time. Wishing you both continued success,
– I just got off the phone with Trip. He just kept going on and on and on about how wonderful John was and what a great time they all had! Thank you so much setting them up with him. Please tell John how much they raved about their time with him. I really cannot tell you how much I appreciate your help with this. They really had a day they will never forget. Hopefully, the next time I will get to come too!! 😉 We’ll be sure to give you a call. Thanks again. It’s not easy to plan something like this from so far away. You made it possible. Martha
– I just wanted to take a moment to thank you, James and Jerry for making our trip last Thursday a success. The precise itinerary of our Tour incorporated exactly what my family wanted to do, to include my 15 year old daughter. I’m very impressed with your services and look forward to telling my friends and business associates about Our Town New York.
I look forward to working with you again in the future.
– It’s the AlARai family from UAE and we just wanted to say thanks for the tour. I haven’t had a chance to e-mail yet. We’re overlooking beautiful Cornell U right now in Ithaca. We loved the tour and saw things we wouldn’t see otherwise on any other tour of New York.
Thanks alot and John you were great!
– I thought I would write a quick email to say how wonderful our 4 hour trip with you around lower Manhattan was last week.
We were both a little apprehensive about taking a “private tour” but John soon made us feel as ease. I think you even enjoyed our humor at times too! Glen thought the tour was amazing too, so it turned out to be a great birthday present.
The tour itself could not have been more comprehensive and I’m still surprised that we saw so much over the 4 hours. The highlights for me were driving over Brooklyn Bridge (woo-hoo!), Tudor city and Greenwich Village/Meat-Packing district.
Throughout our week in New York we took you up on many of your bar/restaurant recommendations. We sampled the delights of “the spotted pig” and “Johns Pizza” – both were fantastic. (No sign of Leo though!!)
Another highlight of the trip was getting engaged! Glen popped the question after the tour with yourselves, whilst in Rosa Mexicana. Of course I said yes and so we had Glen’s birthday and our engagement to celebrate!
Once again thanks for a great tour. It really helped us to get a feel for the city, to get an idea of places we wanted to go back to, as well as sussing out the layout of the city and how to use the subway!!
I’ll definitely recommend you to friends and family.
Thanks Again, Clairann and Glen , Staffordshire England
Just wanted to take a minute to thank you for the incredible tour. Please pass along our thanks to Jerry.
We were able to visit SO much in such a compact amount of time. I read over and over on the website testimonials that customers were able to see more on the tour than they possibly could have seen on their own during their stay. Let me just go a little bit further and tell you that I had one friend tell me we saw more on the tour than she has seen in 10 visits to New York. A native New Yorker told us that we went to places he didn’t even know about. This tour was worth every penny. We traveled in style, we were safe, we had a personal tour that allowed us to see only what we were interested in. Jerry let us take our time and was happy to do what we wanted to do.
Beyond that, we had a little personal drama back home that we had to deal with via cell phone while on the tour. Jerry was courteous enough to let us have our personal moments to handle the situation, but was engaged enough in the tour to pick right up where he left off each time he had to pause for us. I’m just not sure I could have had that level of service on a tour bus, etc. I wouldn’t change a thing about what you guys are doing… Next time we’re in New York, we’ll see you again.
Best regards, Rita Barnes
I just wanted to tell you how much my family enjoyed our tour with John. In our group, we had a few people that had been to New York before and some people new to the city. John taught all of us things about the city.
He was such a special tour guide, he kept the attention and interest of a bus load of women and one man ranging from eighty to fifteen and was able to point out all the parts of the town that everyone would enjoy. He went beyond the call of duty by helping us select the restaurants locals go to for our trip. My whole family would recommend John to anyone who was interested in a New York City tour.”